Wednesday, November 4, 2009

You Make Me SMILE!


This card started out with an entirely different layout. I just kept moving things around and finally got it like I wanted it. STILL not really satisified with it, but guess it'll do for now! It just seems kind of "plain".

The paper I used was red textured cardstock, kraft, white and an unknown DP that a dear friend gave to me (thanks again, Kristin). The stamp was one of my "goodies" received from
I {heart} Papers: Pat the Bad Dog, by Our Craft Lounge. The "frame" was cut and embossed using scalloped square Nestibilities (also from I {heart} Papers). If you haven't already done so, check out their web site - they have some of the Nestibilities on SALE right now - plus alot of other items! The sentiment, Lots of Thoughts from SU, was stamped in Real Red and then a "bone" brad was placed at the top. The dog was colored using Bic Markers.

The smile on the dog really says it all......... my thanks to I {heart} Papers.

I'll have a couple of Christmas cards coming to you in the next day or two.

Thanks for stopping by.............

8 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Cute! I like your layout.

Spelled With An I said...

The layout is perfect! I can't remember the paper co. either but it's on the tip of my tongue. Great job! You've got me wanting some of those Nestabilities! Bad Lynn, Bad!

Lynn McAuley said...

Congratulations on your new start in the world of blogging!!

I love this delightful pup with his bowl on his head! The colors are vibrant and fun! Great textured papers!! What a cute, cute card!!

TrishG said...

This is so cute. Great colors. Love the layers! Very nice card

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful card! I don't think it's plain at all!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Adorable card! I love the layout. :-)

Michelle VP said...

This dog is too cute! I like the 3 background panels staggered like that. :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I do that all the time... start out with one layout idea and end up with another. I don't think this card is plain at all. I think the cute image and fun striped paper are fun to look at and the little bone is a cute accent. Too much more "stuff" would have distracted.