Friday, January 8, 2010

A Couple of Bugs


Yep, it's getting close to Valentine's Day - and I have so many Valentine cards to make this year it seems. I have 19 to make for family and friends. I have already sold a bunch to a speciality shop in a small town close to where I live and they said they may be wanting more......so I'm really attempting to keep them fairly simply for now. I saw this idea for a card on a blog I visited (here) and was going to CASE it. About the only thing that I CASED though was the stamp set, the ribbon, and the colors of the card. Once I started on it, everything just sorta started getting changed.


The stamp set I used is Love Bug from SU. I stamped the "bugs" once and then stamped them again and popped them up on dimensionals. The "border" was done using a MS punch in black and then again in white. I used Real Red, White, Black and Real Red DP on the card. And OF COURSE, I used my Bow-Easy from i {heart} papers to make the little bows. I did some sewing around the card - and "poof", it's done!


Thanks for stopping by................


Lynn

18 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Super Cute, love the papers and ribbon! Adorable stamp. I'm having some blog candy on my blog if you would like to check it out. Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very sweet card. Love the colors and the gingham bows are the perfect finishing touch!

Laura said...

beautiful card.THe colors are perfect.and love the stamp,bows,Dp,border punch.ok just everything about it.I wish I can get some orders.Its so hard for me to sale on ebay.Sometimes I think its the way my pics come out.

Michelle Pearson said...

this is simply adorable! Love the bugs looking at each other!! :) Don't you love it when you start to case and your brain takes off on it's own?! CUTE!!!!!

Sandi Berg said...

Love how you overlayed the lacy pieces.

Becky said...

This is just adorable, love the the ribbon.

Carrie said...

This card just catches your eye right away,love the vibrant red with the black and white. Too cute.

Vicki said...

Just too cute! Love the colors! Blessings to you!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

So adorable!! Of course these cards sold out! They are terrific!! Great work :)
Maria

Lesley said...

cute card - Lesley x

Lynn McAuley said...

Such an adorable card, Lynn!! Two bugs in love!!!

Unknown said...

Two very cute love bugs!

jaydee said...

super cute - love the way the double bows echo the cute love bugs looking at each other. Great use of the Love Bug SU hostess stamp.
thanks so much for sharing - love it!
Jaydee

Tina Joergens said...

Can I get "bow lessons"? LOL! Great card!

jojoscraps said...

Such a cute card and great incentive to use this stamp set!
Jo xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Too cute- I love the sentiment too- Lynn- go check out Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential- your card fits their challenge!

Sara Smeby said...

Darling, Lynn, really! I love the details of the layered punched border...

Susan (peebsmama) said...

SO adorable. Love the combo of colors. That's what I love about visiting other people's blogs... Getting ideas and then turning them into your own unique creation.