Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Frist Digital Image


Yes, this is my first digital image! My thanks to Patty (here) who explained how to resize these little jewels! The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil on PCP.

For some unknown reason, the color of the kimono looks orange in the picture, but is actually pink to match the patterned paper. I had some problems coloring it (the ink kept smearing) but finally heat-set the image and colored it with SU markers and Prisma Pencils. The patterned paper is from Paper Studio and the cardstock is Gable Green, Pixie Pink, White and Chocolate Chip.

I kinda feel like I'm "cheating" by using a digital stamp and not putting the ink to the stamp, but I've seen so many cute digital images and thought I would try it anyway.

Thanks for stopping by....................

Lynn

11 comments:

Laura said...

Hello Lynn,This card is just soo cute.I love this image.She is adorable.Great job on your digi.I'm hooked....I like digis because I dont have to wait for my order.

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, love that beautiful pink paper!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- I think you nailed your first digi- there are lots of good freebies out there!!! Looking forward to seeing what you make next!

Alissa said...

I LOVE Mo's! You'll get over that "cheating" feeling really quick :)

Carrie said...

Oh my this card is adorable! I love everything about it.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is a cute image and I can see why you would be drawn to try digi. I too haven't got caught up in the digi craze. I agree, it doesn't feel like your really stamping if there is no physical stamp involved. Mostly though I just have an issue with printing them out. The couple I have downloaded don't seem to print as crisply as something I would stamp.

Lesley said...

gorgeous card - Lesley x

Kellie said...

Hi Lynn, Fabulous card and I love the image. I have been casing Mo's for awhile but have not actually tried a digital yet. I'm working on a blog for all my non Magnolia so that I will have a place to post them.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great card! I too tried the digital images but was getting too much smearing w/ my ink from my printer - so I went back to regular "stamping". Although-I see some great digital images out there - I get jealous!!! Maria

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card... and I don't think digital stamps are cheating! If I use my copics I don't get any bleeding with the digital images but any other inks I do!

Michelle Pearson said...

This is so sweet! Love your color scheme!! Digis are so fun and add a whole nother element!