Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In Honor of All Frogs


Some of you may not be aware of this, but today is FROG JUMPING JUBILEE DAY!!! Yes! So, in honor of all frogs, here is your card.

My image is from Toadily by Penny Black....isn't he a cutie! The paper I used was from a Martha Stewart paper pack. I colored Mr. Toad with Prismacolor Pencils. I painted the daisy with Creative Inspirations paint, and then added some glitter for a little extra bling. The layout is from SCS card sketches (I believe it's 279). This is also for Tuesday Morning Sketches - to use your favorite colors and some glitter. Green and Pink are one of my favorite color combos. It just makes everything look "happy" to me. If you click on this little guy you will be able to see all the shine to that flower - and also see the embossing folder I used and the stripped paper that that ribbon goes around.

Thanks for stopping by..................

Lynn

22 comments:

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a lovely card...love the colour combo!

Nicole said...

Such a cute and fun card!  Love the color combo! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Lynn, this is so cute!

Melissa Craig said...

I'm doing a froggy jump to honor all frogs! LOL Your card is adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Tammy said...

Toad or frog, this card is too cute. And thanks for letting me know we have another day to celebrate!

Lesley said...

the frog is so cute - I just knew it would be a Penny Black image they are so good - love you card best wishes Lesley x

Tina said...

Great glitter flower! A toad-ly awesome card!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Awww, what a cute frog! Who knew it was Frog Jumping Jubilee Day! Happy celebration! I love the embossed panel and the pp you chose :)
Terrific Lynn!!
Maria

Laura said...

WOW!!!! I love this color combo.This card is sooo pretty and I love how you put this layout together.I will have to case this card.

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love the DP and colors used.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for commenting about the purse on my blog, if you follow the link to Becky's blog the template is for sale there for $3.95. The cards I made to go in the purse were back in my April 17th & 19th posts. Here's a link to the 17th -
http://jans-gonestampin.blogspot.com/2010/04/thinking-of-you.html

Sarah said...

This is so fresh and clean looking. Love that little frog stamp!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great colors, papers, and textures for this fun frog!! Wonderful work, Lynn!!

paige said...

this card is a real smile maker!

Gina Lindsay said...

Well Happy Frog Jumping Jubilee day! Great card, I especially love that pink ribbon you added.

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is too cute! Thanks for putting a smile on my face and making me laugh! Happy Frog Jumping Jubilee day to you too!

Catherine Pooler said...

Hi Lynn! Thanks for your comment on SCS! I'm glad you liked my card.

Great projects here! I'll check back.
Take care,
Catherine

Emkay said...

Such a cutie! I love the pink and green!

Carrie said...

Lynn this is frogtastic ;) lol Love everything about it.

Theresa said...

What a fantastic card. I love it's simplicity.

Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa, DT

Angela said...

Cool layout and I love the color combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Michelle Forrest said...

Frog Jumping Jubilee Day??? hmmm......LOL - never heard of it, but love your card!