Thursday, September 9, 2010

Autumn


Autumn isn't here yet - but hopefully will be soon. At least the colors on this card remind me of autumn...that's a start anyway! Susan sent me a picture of a card using these images that someone had done and posted on SCS. She thought I may want to CASE it at some time in the future. Well, I lost it! Yep, it's gone.......to where, I don't know. I'm sure it's in this lovely computer somewhere but have no idea where at this time. It'll turn up though, I'm sure. This isn't a CASE of the card but similar since I used the Pocket Silhouettes and the Autumn Days images (SU) and cut out the pheasant. The layout I used for this is for the KAH-Wink-E-Dink challenge - a sketch challenge. I LOVE this layout!

I used some Cajun Craze, Old Olive, More Mustard, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. I sponged (lightly) around each of the panels. Now this is where it just got tricky......Ok you've got the middle image in Old Olive, so you sponge in Old Olive, right! Now, you have the next image in Cajun Craze, so you sponge with that color.....Doing good......Go to the last (why is it always the last one?) image and it's stamped in More Mustard. I grab the ink pad and start sponging away and look down, and lo and behold, I've sponged in Old Olive! UGH!!!!! Gotta fix that so I don't have to re-stamp that image.........So I took all three panels and sponged them in all three colors! YES!

Thanks for stopping by.................

Lynn

16 comments:

Tammy said...

Great fall colors and very pretty card.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I actually like your version much better than the original one I sent you a link to. The design is more pleasing and colors are prettier. I think the three colors of sponging looks like an "on purpose" and ties everything together. I really like the pheasant as a cut out accent. Great fall card.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great recovery, love the colors and the images. Can't believe you cut out the pheasant you have more patience than I have :) Beautiful card.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow! Just beautiful! I am in awe at how perfectly you cut out that pheasant!
I couldn't even tell you had a "sponging mishap", although reading about it made me chuckle. I think we ALL have had those moments! :)

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love your choice of paper and the design layout - what an absolutely warm and wonderful Autumn card - its' a really beautiful card! Love the big pheasant!

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I love the gorgeous color scheme and the images are fantastic. Love it!
Hugs, Christine

Karen said...

Love the colours you used Lynn and who would know that there was an oopsy, besides an oopsy always makes you more creative LOL

Laura said...

Lynn,You always make me laugh.Your card is so lovely.TFS

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful and great colors! I agree with Karen - wouldn't of known there was an oopsy!
Terrific Fall card :)
Maria

Carrie said...

I love this color combo...gorgeous. You can't even tell there was an "oops" on this card it turned out great.

Rach said...

So autumn-y! I LOVE it! I think your "fix" for your "oops" was perfect. Sometimes the best things happen when I'm desperately trying to save a card I messed up. :oP

Spelled With An I said...

Great card! Love the colors and pheasant. Nice save on the sponge part.

TrishG said...

Very nice. I love the strip with the ribbon and button.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the image- I do not use it enough- this is such a great card- the sponging looks great on it- love the idea of using all three colors. Love this L.O.

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, I love the colors. Thanks for playing at KWED. ~Diane

Lesley said...

gorgeous - you have given me and idea for the use of my pocket silhouettes as I love this set best wishes Lesley x