Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You Rock!

I've had this Extreme Guitar stamp from SU for some time now and this is the first time I've actually used it!  The intention I had when purchasing it was to do a wonderful background with the brayer - you know what I'm talking about I'm sure (like Michelle Zindorf's blog).  Well, it's not going to happen - NOT EVER!  All the tutorials, etc, using that brayer look so easy.  I just don't get it at all.  I had a MESS.  Nothing pretty about it!

So, I decided to just use a background stamp behind the main image and go with it that way.  I not only attempted the brayer - bit, but also was going to emboss the image.  But alas, no black embossing powder!  So I tried to use the Versa Mark, black ink, and clear embossing powder - but it just didn't look like I wanted it to.  (If you're getting the feeling this card was trying my patience, you're right!!!)  I'm not sure where this sentiment came from but it was great for the card as it'll be a birthday card for a 15 year old boy.  Oh, and by the way......that sentiment is NOT done on pink paper!  It just looks that way....every time I'd take a photo of this,  all was looking good except it looking like the sentiment was on pink paper!  As I said, this whole card tried my patience something terrible!!!  LOL!  The red background was done using the Square Lattice die from SU and this wonderful sketch came from The Sweet Stop.   I'll be entering this card for their challenge this week.

Thanks for stopping by.............
Lynn

16 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Well, it looks like you won that battle, the card looks great, love the dp with the red and the background behind the stamp. Glad you won!!!! Have a great day.

Tammy said...

Thankfully your patience won because this card is awesome! I'm with you 100% when it comes to brayers!

Unknown said...

Awesome card Lynn! Love the colors! Hope you had a good weekend!


Jenn

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

I hate it when a card tries my patience, so I feel your pain........but I think the final result is great!!!

That is a great 'boy' stamp. I really have to get more boy-stamps..........but there's always a list of what I need 'more' of!!
lol
have a great day!
Maria

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- Oh Lynn, come up here and I will brayer with you! Or, better yet, go to one of her classes- you will be so amazed at the cards you create in her class! I love that stamp- the card layout is great too!

Faye said...

Wow, this is another striking card. The image looks great with these strong colours. I intended to use this sketch for ooh la la, but it just wasn't working for me, but you've made it look fab. xxx

Carol L said...

ROCK ON!! I love this card! The colors are great, the embossing is fab, and the image looks amazing! Great card Lynn!

NanaConnie said...

Trying your patience or not, I LOVE this card! Great way to use the sketch, too. Perfect for a teen boy's birthday. I have a couple of those coming up this summer myself. Have to get 'rocking' on cards for them. I may have to CASE this one!

Monica said...

Hi Lynn,

Sorry that you had to go through so much with the brayering bit. Anyhow this card is perfect for a 15 year old. The sentiment and colour scheme rock for sure and so do YOU!

xxx Monica

Monika/Buzsy said...

That is one Rocking card! Great colors and image. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with us at the Sweet Stop. :o)

Babette said...

Teenage cards are the hardest, but you did a great job on this one.

Shannon White said...

Lynn this is Fantastic! I am so glad your patience won out! What a Fabulous card! Love everything about it! 8-)

Jennipher said...

Great card. Love your take on the sweet stop sketch. Thanks for playing.

Tammy said...

Awesome card Lynn!! I love the colors and your lattice embossed bg!
Hugs, Tammy :)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Carrie said...

Well your patience paid off because I think you made one "rockin" card. great job