Friday, June 10, 2011

Special Baby


No Friday Funny today (sorry!) but I wanted to show you a baby card I made for a very special little girl named Sabrina.

A former co-worker of mine who is in her late 40's just had her first baby several weeks ago and they named her Sabrina.  She was born with a hole in her chest and parts of her intestines, her liver, etc....floated up through that hole and into one of her lungs.  They operated early last week and miracle upon miracles have occurred!!  Sabrina is doing well now and trying to learn how to feed.   She's still on some IV but is now breathing on her own.   Hopefully they'll get to bring her home soon!  It just never ceases to amaze me what doctors can do now.

The cute little bear that I colored in Prisma Pencils is from the SU set Teddy and Train. I used several different colors of pink and the sketch is an old one from SCS.  Excuse that wonky little bow...I just could not get it to lay right on the card.  I know this is a very simple card but am hoping mom and dad like it.

Maybe next week I'll do another "Friday Funny"! ( I know every one is just holding their breath for that! LOL!!!)

Thanks for stopping by..........and have a great weekend.
Lynn

14 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Praying for Sabrina. What a strong little girl!
I'm sure her parents will love this card!! You are so sweet!!!
Maria

TrishG said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and layout. Great job.

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a gorgeous card, for a very special little girl.
Kevin xx

Jacquel said...

How cute & I'm lovin' the layout....pretty ribbon too! Very nice work & TFS!!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

How cute!!! I love your card!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this cuddly bear for this precious baby, Lynn. Adding more prayers for her healthy future!! May God bless her and her family!

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is just precious, Lynn...such pretty colors and I love the adorable teddy bear!!! Sabrina is truly a miracle baby....what a way to start out life but sounds like she is in loving hands...I'm so glad she is doing well!!!

Tammy said...

Lovely card, love the pinks. I add Sabrina and her parents to my prayers. What a blessing she is.

MiamiKel said...

What a sweet card and even sweeter story! Many prayers for Sabrina and mommy and daddy - so sweet of you to create this beautiful card! Blessings! x0x0

Babette said...

What an amazing story. She is truly a miracle. This card is adorable and will be perfect for her.

Shannon White said...

Goodness! How Sweet is this!8-) Love your Darling Baby Card Lynn. It's just so Darned Sweet & what an amazing story too. So glad Sabrina is doing well. That is so Wonderful.

Hugs!
Shannon

Danyelle Kessler said...

Adorable baby girl card...blessing was over baby Sabrina.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a sweet card for a very special little lady! Wow! Sabrina is a miracle baby, for sure. :) Have a great day!

Nancy in Iowa said...

A special card for a very special baby. You'll have to give us Sabrina updates!