Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Shopping Our Stash Challenge

Well, I'm finally back!!  I actually was able to get in my "craft hole" some this weekend.  I finally just said "enough is enough already" and was able to have a nice quiet time in the "hole".  I didn't get a whole lot accomplished, but that's ok too!

It's time again for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash and our theme this week is Father's Day/Masculine.
Come on over and join in on the fun - just remember to use some of your stash that you haven't used in a while.  Check out the challenge blog and I know you'll be inspired by all the creations from the DT members!


I haven't used an image from my Noble Deer (SU) set in a while and I really do love this image.  About the only thing I colored on here was a slight tint to the cloud and the trees and grass - also did a little sponging.  I paired the image with some camo paper and New England Ivy (CTMH).  The New England Ivy is white core so embossing on it gave it a sanded look.  I added the twill tape and a DO-HICKEY!!  I don't know what you call these things other than maybe a ribbon holder, but DO-HICKEY kinda has a ring to it so that's what I call them!  LOL!!

I'll enter this in the challenges at Di's Digi Designs (Male Inspired), Love to Create (Father's Day or Special Man), and Lexi's Creations (Father or Man/Boy in our Life).

Come on over to Shopping Our Stash and show us your Father's Day or Masculine creation!

Thanks for stopping by.............
Lynn

24 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I do like these outdoorsy images Lynn and it looks great on this embossed background. Thank you for your birthday wishes!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card Lynn! Love that image and your design and papers. I have that stamp set too... just need to get some ink on it.

MiamiKel said...

Oh LYnn, me either! I think I've used it once so long ago! So happy you brought it back out as this is a gem! I love the sponged sky - it gives your card so much depth - a beauty!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Another stunner Lynn. Glad you had a nice crafty weekend...and it has paid off! I love everything about this creation..such beautiful rich colours :D

Donna Hanley said...

Lynn, great to see you back creating again. Your embossing seems to be perfect for this image. I also like you Do-Hickey very much and I think that is the ideal name for it. LOL This is one of my favorite images for a masculine card.

Carol L said...

I love this masculine beauty with that great image, the perfect colors and that awesome piece of hardware! I need to get my hands on some camo paper somewhere! It makes great guy cards!

Tammy said...

WOW stunning card Lynn! I love that image! Awesome masculine creation!!
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Lynn! I love the embossing. Such a regal looking stag. Love that you left most of the image in black and white, and combined it with those other greens.

KER said...

great masculine card...i love the stamp you chose and the details added to make this card

Tammy said...

Wonderful card for Father's Day or some other occasion. The image is so beautiful.

I do believe you are right, it is a do-hickey but I think some folks also call it a do-flanger.

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card and your image is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create challenge. xxx

Lynn McAuley said...

Great design!! Love the camo with this noble deer!! Wonderful work, Lynn!

Davi said...

I love the image and the great camo print...a perfect man card. Fab job Lynn :)

julie_woolston said...

This is a lovely card Lynn, the image is stunning, I like how you have done the layout and the detail.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

Hugs Julie x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- one of my fav stamp sets...that I rarely use! The coloring is spot on and looks perfect with the do-hickey!

Joan Ervin said...

The deer image makes the best guy cards...love how you used the camo, Lynn...perfect for a hunter!!!!

Monica said...

Wow, so rugged and so perfectly coordinated. Love the image...

Monica xxx

Karen Howard said...

Fabulous masculine card Lynn! Love the image and your layout! Hugs, Karen

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Another great masculine card!!!! I'm struggling with my images for masculine cards!!! This is great!!!

Margaret said...

Love the camo paper on this card! It goes so well with the woodsy image!! LOL at DO-HICKEY! I always call it the 'hanger thingy', but I like your title better! A fabulous, manly card!!

Amanda Phillips said...

Really Handsome card. Thank you for sharing over at Love To Create Challenges.
~ Amanda LTCDT

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is such a masculine card and what a magnificent image! Thanks so much for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our For the Man/Boy in Your Life Challenge hugs Susan x

gale said...

What a beautiful card. The argyle embossing goes so perfectly!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Love the image and the colors! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
~DEANNE~