Tuesday, July 17, 2012

{Pin}spirational Love

(This is my second post for the day - if you're looking for my Shopping Our Stash  post, it's directly below)

If you haven't checked out our challenge at {Pin}spiration, do so this week as we have another wonderful {Pin}spirational photo.  Our sponsor this week is Crafty Sentiments and you could win a prize package from them.  Come on over and join in on the fun!


This poor old card was more of an accident than anything else.  I pretty much knew what I wanted to do...very CAS and a little stitching around the border.  First card....no stitching...needed something.  Second card....straight line stitching....so bad and not straight.  Ok, I'm running out of DP now...but... Third card...did the crazy stitching....finished it....looks good...take it out of the sewing machine...and the pressure foot caught on something and ripped the paper a little at the top!!  This is SO not good.  Solution - I did a tiny bit of distressing on the pink to cover up the rip!  Geez.........What's really sad is that it's just a very easy card to do!! LOL!  By the time I finished the card, I felt like the sign this young couple is holding  - FINALLY!!!


Isn't this inspiration photo sweet!

Be sure and check out all the {Pin}spirational Challenge creations by the DT and a guarantee you'll be inspired.  Enter your creation and have some fun with us.

Thanks for stopping by.........
Lynn

26 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your card is gorgeous Lynn. I love the story and I thought those things only happened to me!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this Lynn! What a great layout and I love the stitching on the hearts :)

Bonnie said...

I love crazy stitching, mainly because I can't sew straight. This card was worth the effort. Very pretty!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A beautiful and elegant card, I love the colour scheme
Lindsay xx

MiamiKel said...

So beautiful!! WHat a charming card, Lynn, almost has a homespun feel to it! Lovely all the way around (and I am in love with that adorable pinspiration photo!) xoxo

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this sweet card and all the fabulous stitching, Lynn!!

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this card is sweet! I never heard of Pinspirational, gonna go check it out!

Hugs,
Chriss

Carol L said...

Your creative process sounds exactly like mine! LOL I put way too much thought into each and every card! I love how this one turned out and it's so cute with those hearts and all that great stitching! You're on a roll!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Lynn, what a super fun idea...i love the simplicity of your card!

Anne Temple said...

Your final version is beautiful. You used one of my tricks when I don't cut straight - distressing the edges. :-).

NanaConnie said...

Love the inspiration photo, Lynn, but even more I LOVE the card! Those are what I call happy accidents. Such a great recovery from seeming disasters. :-D Great stitching, btw! And the hearts are just adorable.

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is wonderful, Lynn....The sewing on the hearts and around the edges looks fantastic!!!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - the drama of cardmaking!!! Sorry it took three tries, but the finale came out great!! Love how you added the distressing to hid the 'oops'!!

:)

Tammy said...

Lynn this is sooo cute!! I LOVE your fun, fun stitching and your fabulous distressing!
Tammy x

Tammy said...

OH poor dear, I'm sorry your first two cards didn't suit you but I'm sure everyone else would have like them! Your third attempt is stunning and perfect! Love the different DP you used! Great card Lynn!

Shari said...

Cute card, and the story is so familiar. Glad to know someone else has the same struggles. Love the inspiration photo,so cute.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh good, I am not the only one who has to make a card several times before it works :) Your card is so country and CAS in one, cute stuff.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Dang- your card is more fabulous the more I read the story of you making it! I LOVE the stitching detail- perfect design- I love the hearts with the sentiment in the center- wonderful!

Shannon White said...

LOL.. sounds like a typical day in my Crafts room! lol So nice to know it's not just me things like this happen too. And you know what, Your card looks AWESOME Lynn!! 8-) If you hadn't shared, I never would have guessed, lol Love the Wonderful distressing and Super stitching too! Just Beautiful my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Donna Hanley said...

Lynn, don't you just hate it when that many things go wrong with one card? That happens to me on a regular basis. I know it was a lot of takes, but it did come out so nice, it's worth it. I really like that curvy stitching. Enjoy your day.

Leslie Hanna said...

I'm telling you: non-stampers have no idea what we suffer for our craft!!!

Margaret said...

You sure can't tell that this gave you so much trouble! It looks great! I like the added texture from the distressing!!

Cheryl said...

I so love Pinterest! Your card is fabulous! I love the sewing and distressing.

paige said...

Sweet card and I'm so impressed with the stitching!

Erum Tasneem said...

eeekk love love love! so cute!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Great story! Cute card!