Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Precious Paper

The theme of our challenge at Shopping Our Stash is MY PRECIOUS!  Now, you may ask what we mean by that - well......for our challenge this week we'd like for you to use something you've hoarded that you've NEVER planned to actually use!  Maybe this is a piece of paper (like mine), a special embellishment, a piece of ribbon, or that gorgeous piece of lace you love looking at but don't want to use!  Whatever it is that you have in your stash, come on and use it and enter our challenge!


I used this piece of paper I won in some blog candy from Linda.  It comes from a paper pack from Crafty Individuals (Trees).  I really hated to add anything to it, but went with a flower I punched out and sprayed with some Glimmer Mist to give it a little shine and and a Thinking of You sentiment - along with a scrap of lavender ribbon.   I'll be sending this to a very special lady that just turned 89 years old last week - and of course I missed her birthday!

Come on over and enter out challenge at Shopping Our Stash - and be sure and check out all the fabulous creations from the Design Team.

Thanks for stopping by............and I'll be back in a minute with my post for {Pin}spirational Challenges.
Lynn


20 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oooh this is just so pretty! Love the background and that flower is gorgeous :)

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooh!!! now that is a masterpiece, and it is so totally clear that the gorgeous (& amazing! & unique!!!) paper *IS* beloved to you... you've done it proud; that flower is PERFECT and you know that your friend will TREASURE this forever! ♥♥♥

Bonnie said...

I see why you were keeping this piece of paper. It's gorgeous! But so is the card. Now you can keep the card! You didn't really use it as much as improved it!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely purty!! Gorgeous papers and love the big beautiful flower!

Carol L said...

I'd be hoarding that paper too if I had it! LOL It's gorgeous! I love your sentiment panel too, and what a pretty flower accent! NJ!

Anne Temple said...

I can see why you wouldn't want to use it. But the recipient is sure to love and treasure it.

NanaConnie said...

I'd be hoarding that paper, too! But if I have to use it, it would go into a card just like yours for someone really special. I love that you used just one flower embellishment and that wisp of sheer ribbon. Too elegant!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! This is sooo gorgeous, Lynn...I can see why you have been hoarding the paper...it's beautiful and the flower is the perfect addition!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

I can see why you held on to it, but now, all of us and someone special gets to enjoy it too!!

Tammy said...

WOW Lynn, that bg paper is gorgeous!! I love it! Beautiful flower! She is going to love this card!
Tammy x

Tammy said...

I can understand why you didn't want to use the paper, it's gorgeous! But I'm sure some sweet 89 year young lady will be thrilled! Beautiful Lynn!

CarlaKH said...

I have never seen paper like that.. it's just gorgeous! Your card is so beautiful and the recipient will surely love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wowza- that BG paper is really fabulous! I would have trouble using it- but you made a gorgeous card- love the flower- fantastic!

kiwimeskreations said...

love the way you have kept the card simple to showcase that fabulous paper!!
Blessings
Maxine

Donna Hanley said...

I can see why you hoarded this paper. It's gorgeous. I love your flower. the glimmer Mist rally adds something to the flower. I like the scallop on your sentiment tag. Enjoy your day.

Leslie Hanna said...

Love that paper!

Margaret said...

I can see why you were holding onto this! It's gorgeous! How sweet to create a card for someone special! I am sure she will love it!

paige said...

Lynn, I hope you have recovered from cutting into this gorgeous paper! Beautiful card!

Erum Tasneem said...

beautiful!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Gorgeous - and all the more so since you used precious stash - wow! that is some glorious paper!!!