Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shopping Our Stash #59

BIG NEWS!!!!!   Shopping Our Stash is having a Design Team call!  Check the BLOG to get all the details for the DT call.  Our DT is very laid back and a lot of fun - so throw your name in the hat and apply!

Now, on to our challenge for this week........More than One Fold - or - Pleats!   Another fun challenge and you'll also want to check out all the inspiration from the DT on our blog.  Lots of different directions you could go on this one and we'd love to have you enter!  Remember to use some of that forgotten stash!



I made something I know I probably hadn't made in over a year.....a little tote bag!  For a while there it seemed like I was making these things daily - and even made like 15 or 20 of them for favors for one of the granddaughter's birthdays!  Anyway, I decided to drag out my pattern (that I have no idea where it came from) and make another one.  I swear everything on this is old - design papers, flowers, brads, ribbon, and chipboard letters!  The wooden flower for the "o" was won in some blog candy.  I painted the chipboard letters and wooden flower with white acrylic.  Makes a cute little bag and I'm sure I'll find something to go in it. I do believe I have more than one fold!!!

My {Pin}spirational challenge post will immediately follow this post................

Thanks for stopping by......
Lynn

18 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is pretty Lynn...Love the purple!

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a fabulous gift bag Lynn, I like colours the papers and the flowers.
Kevin xx

NanaConnie said...

And it's purple!! Wonderful. I wish you knew where you got the pattern -- I'd love to get it. :-D

lauren bergold said...

now that is as clever and practical as it is beautiful! i have to remember this idea, it is ♥AWESOME♥ missus!!!

Bonnie said...

Cute, cute, cute! Pretty paper, and ribbon. Tote bags are so cute and really not hard. I need to make some more of them.

Tammy said...

Oh Lynn darling tote! Perfect for a little girl's birthday! Love, love the polkadot paper and the handles are smashing! Love your tote!

Carol L said...

I LOVE this little tote bag in my favorite color! WOW, this is really cute!! I love that little wooden flower you used for the letter "O" too! You're on a real creative roll :)

Anne Temple said...

What a sweet tote/gift bag. Love your colors and the papers you used.

Nancy in Iowa said...

Very summer-y. Way to slash the stash Lynn!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this tote- OMG 20 is alot of work! I love everything- the purple- the wood flower is sooo cool.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oooh what a great bag Lynn!I love the style and the beautiful colours. Can't believe you made 15 - 20 of these! Amazing! :D

Shannon White said...

So CUTE!! Love this Lynn! what a Darling tote! I can so see why you have made so many of these! Just fabulous for so many things! And you know I am Loving all the purples here too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Tammy said...

WOW I love this tote Lynn! Awesome colors and design!! Too cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Love it!! I looks perfect!
Love the dp you used and those flowers on the handles!! Just great Lynn!

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is too cute for words!! I'm seeing a lot of purple lately - must be the in color :) Love the side borders of wonderful paper - sweet!!!

CarlaKH said...

What a cute bag! I need to make a couple of these myself... great ideas for little gifties at work!

Margaret said...

LOVE this adorable little tote! The papers are so pretty, and I love the flower for the letter o! Even your handles are all dressed up on this lovely little bag! And yes, I have to agree that I do believe I see quite a few folds! A wonderful use of your stash!!

Laura said...

Hello Lynn,I wanted to stop by and say hello. And see all the lovely cards you have been creating. This tote is super cute!! Hope your having a great Day!