Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to School Recycling

This is my second post for the day.  Shopping Our Stash post is directly below.

{Pin}spirational Challenge # 21 is going into full swing beginning today!  Yeah!  Our sponsor this go round is Shelly's Images!  Head on over to our blog and check out all the inspiration from the Design Team AND our wonderful inspiration photo!  Enter your creation and who knows....you may be the winner of a prize package from Shelly's Images.


This was one of those cards that I knew exactly what I was going to do with it - at least in my mind.  Of course when I actually got going on  it, nothing was working.  I seriously think I spent three days on this sucker.  What can I say!  We'd gotten an advertisement in the mail a week or so ago from Kohl's and it had this fun sentiment "Back To School" on it - snip, snip, snip....perfect for my upcoming card!  That's where the whole break down started I think!  I was was trying to build the card around this recycled bit of sentiment.  Anyway, I colored the image with Copics (pretty pleased about that), embossed the red background, added a piece of Lily Bee DP punched at the top, then added the sentiment.  I'll probably send this to one of the granddaughters - hey, if nothing else they can use that paper clip!



Here's our {Pin}spirational photo - does this not remind you of those past school days!  Hard to believe we got our backsides in those little chairs, isn't it! LOL


Thanks for stopping by........and check out the {Pin}spirational Challenge.
Lynn

21 comments:

Marilyn said...

Isn't this the cutest! I like the paper clip as an embellishment and the spiral paper. Great image and that's a nice embossing folder.

Monica said...

Hi Lynn,

The colouring on this is super fab... sorry that you had to go through some pain. Thanks for the laughter anyway in your post, Miss Sunshine.

I stamped some images with the stamps you sent me and heat embossed them a few minutes ago... I may make a card tomorrow with it. Aleeza was stamping along with me so little could I accomplish, anyway, as they say they grow up so quickly so I must try and enjoy her. Look at Zeenya - all grown up.

Love,
Monica

lauren bergold said...

LOVE this! gorgeous card and AMAZING coloring on that image! ♥

Donna Hanley said...

Lynn, I think this card is a total winner. Fabulous coloring. You hit the nail right on the head with those Crayon colors and your shading is perfect on your school bag. I like how you recycled that sentiment. I'll have to start paying more attention to things in catalogs and brochures. thanks for the though. Your grandchild is sure to love this one. Have a terrific week.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this lynn! I like the paper clip...adds a fun touch and the colours are great :)

Tammy said...

Lynn, this is so cute!! I love that image and your fabulous notebook paper! Awesome way to recycle the Kohl's add... I love it!
Tammy x

Jessi Fogan said...

Love the detail in that image - so much fiddly colouring, and it looks FABULOUS! Love the sentiment, too - isn't it funny how being determined to use something can make everything else feel so difficult?? I'll never understand that!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant back to school card Lynn, I like the backpack and the clip.
Kevin xx

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous coloring, Lynn! Great shadowing and highlighting. Love the embossing and graph paper dp. What a wonderful recycle job. :-D

Tammy said...

Absolutely delightful Lynn! Great idea to use a sentiment from a catalogue or mailer. Now I have to open all of the junk mail looking for sentiments! You're so clever!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful, FUN, back-to-school card! I love the colorful backpack filled with goodies and that paper clip is a perfect accent!

Leslie Hanna said...

Best-laid plans, eh? I hate when it all falls apart, but it looks like you pulled it out in the end, and it's fabulous.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is great Lynn!!!!!!!! That backpack is colored so FABULOUSLY! You should be really proud! Love the crayons!!!!!!!!!! Great way to recycle the ad for the sentiment!

I'm diggin' this!

gale said...

What a cute card! That image looks fun to color!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful back to school card- I love the backpack image- but even more- love the paperclip you added- you are so creative!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lynn - I can so identify with you about the card not doing what you wanted it to do!!
Love the result and the image is beautifully coloured.
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

Great card, Lynn! Love the colors and your coloring of the image is spot-on! Had to grin about your trouble making a card around the recycled piece from the Kohl's ad! The things we do... But it turned out just great!

Bonnie said...

Great recycling! You've colored the backpack beautifully and it looks great on that paper.

Nancy in Iowa said...

I know exactly what you mean when the concept fails to make it to production! But this is really very sweet - love the coloring and it is a very fun image. I sometimes marvel at the size of backpacks that appear to outsize the kids to the 10th power! Four year olds with back packs the size of over-sixed bread boxes on their backs. Anyway - cute card!

Chriss America Real said...

I love how bright and colorful this card is! Fantastic!

Hugs,

Chriss

Margaret said...

Such a great idea to use the advertising as the sentiment! That backpack is awesome and the whole card is great!
Those grandkids better like more than the paper clip if they know what's good for them!! :D